Monday, February 6, 2012

ABC Over At Catch The Bug

Hi Everyone and today it's my turn over at Catch The Bug to show you my creation for ABC ( Anything But A Card ) I made this Vintage heart which is from a set  I made for the craft fair, all different by the way and I shall be showing you the rest later in the week.


To begin I painted two hearts and square piece of wood white then sanded and painted again, I covered them in paper and sanded all the edges to give a distressing look then glued the hearts together using a glue gun.

I used the image from the Bugaboo store called Love Blocks - Day after Forever I change the colour of this in word to match my heart, I have also added the image in black and white so you can see it better. I used modpog to adhere the image to the wood block.



I stamped my Love sentiment onto the hearts then decorated with lace, pearls and W/O flowers, I found the big heart in my craft shop here which was ideal and just what I was looking for.

I finished with dimanty which I found down the souk here, love this and must go and get some more and finally I glued the wood block to the hearts. Oh I forgot to say before I decorated I spritzed everything with glimmer mist to make it shine, I am so pleased the way it turned out.

My hearts have also gone to the shop to be sold and I am so lucky as I have got some orders for this one already, yahoo but first I am making one for DH but without the flowers as he's not a flower person lol.

I hope you like my creation as much as I do.

Challenges

Wild Orchid - Love Is

Charisma Cards - Vintage

Stamp Man - Embellish It

One Stop Craft - For The One I Love

Thanks for popping round to see me again its always good too see you and I do appriciate the comments you leave me.
Have a great day all and I shall see you all later.

20 comments:

Linda said...

Love it and am sure they will go like hotcakes.

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Linda,

Wonderful project ! Magnificent embellishments ! Good work ! Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Nikbee said...

This is gorgeous. I love the image and the sentiment is wonderful.
Nikki x

Mandy's Magnolia cards said...

its amazing!!
i am a new follower :)
Hugs, Mandy

Debs said...

Gorgeous project Linda - love the image and fab sentiment.
Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh linda! is this ever stunning!

hugs :)

Shawna said...

Oh Yum, Yum, Yum! This is delectable Linda. Love super feminine things and this is just GORGEOUS!

Margreet said...

Stunning project, Linda....sent you an email!
xxx Margreet

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Linda.

Hugs Riet.xx

pinky said...

Absolutely stunning Linda, I have that image so might have a wee play soon.

Nannieflash said...

Wow Linda that is stunning love your image and your papers. hugs Shirleyxxx

laney said...

super Heart !
Thanks for joining us at Charisma and OSCC this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

*Vicki* said...

Wow Linda!! This is such a gorgeous project!! I love that silhouette image!! :)

julieprice3 said...

Beautiful use of the image, nicely done!
Hugs Julie P

Rica said...

A wonderful creation Linda, so many wonderful many beautiful details (I have to having another look) - stunning!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Bubbles said...

Wow, this is really beautiful. Thanks for joining in at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Vee said...

Beautiful, just beautiful!!!. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

lisa said...

This is just beautiful. I love that image with it's perfect sentiment.
Your heart is stunning too, you definitely need more of those.
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Stampman this time.
hugs Lisax

lisa said...

This is just beautiful. I love that image with it's perfect sentiment.
Your heart is stunning too, you definitely need more of those.
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Stampman this time.
hugs Lisax

Anne Kristine said...

Your project is beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining us at WOC for our challenge...unfortunately in order to in the drawing for the prize you can only enter two other challenges.
- hope to see you back at our next challenge!
Hugs Anne Kristine

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online