Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Canvas Project

Good Afternoon everyone, I hope your all having a wonderful day today, it's hot here and very humid so I went out early to do the dreaded grocery shopping, it's all put away, all my jobs done, had my lunch, now it's time to spend on a little hop around your blogs and then into my craft room.

So today I have a canvas to show you, I still have to put a picture in it yet which will go above the love letters, I still have to shrink it down to fit but still get the picture looking good, this will be of my hubby in a tux and grand children in their wedding outfits.






 The canvas was painted white to begin with then added texture was given to the swirls with puff embossing powder which you can just see where the pearls are, the corners were inked with distressing ink.




Another smaller canvas was added just off to the right side, the bird cage and letters are done with crackle paint and fixed with a glue gun.



 I picked different shades of pink and white flowers from W/O to curve round the birdcage.




The swirl is very pale yellow to match the butterfly at the bottom. I added white pins, punched leafs, sentiment and pearls to finish it off.

I do hope you like it as I was very pleased with how it turned out.


Challenges

Wild Orchid - Summer Flowers

Papertake Weekly - Pins and Needles


Thanks for popping today and I shall see you all later.

Pin It

15 comments:

Tanya said...

This is fabulous Linda, what a great idea. I love the delicate colours, it's all so pretty!

Tags xx

Catherine said...

WOW ! This is stunning Linda ! The bird cage and your embellies look gorgeous ! What a fab idea ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous Linda!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh wow, you sure did a marvelous job with all the beautiful flowers, bird cage, and bling.

Nikbee said...

A gorgeous canvas, Linda. I love the bird cage.
Nikki x

pinky said...

Oh wow Linda its absolutely stunning!!

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness - this is just the most amazing--so beautiful!

Beedeebabee said...

Linda, this is so beautiful and so very elegant! I just love everything about it! xo

debby4000 said...

Oh WOw what a gorgeous canvas Linda.
luv
Debby

*Vicki* said...

WOW! Linda, this is just amazing my dear!! So elegant and gorgeous!! TFS! :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh linda! your blog is as beautiful as your work and i just love your profile picture! how the heck r ya? sure hope all is well. as you can see from my blog, there's always something going on at my house - LOL. but hey! i'm happy.

big hugs :)

Spyder said...

Super card, stunning, a real keep sake!
((Lyn))

Shawna said...

Linda this is BREATHTAKING!

Andrea said...

This is lovely, sorry I am late but wanted to say thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly last week

Helena said...

Gorgeous!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online