Thursday, January 24, 2013

Altered Box ..... I am back blogging

 Hi Everyone

I am now back blogging and face booking again, we had a fantastic time away with family and friends and my nieces wedding was superb, so loved it and took lots of pics more of those later.

Christmas was lovely, except for the cold weather so I just had to buy more clothes and of course craft shopping as if I don't have enough stash but a girls got to do what a girls got to do lol. Needless to say I was overweight again on the luggage side and had to purchase another suitcase and allowance, by this time Brian was having a hissy fit but it only lasted a minute as life to short to worry about luggage.

 I came from the UK with a very nasty cold agggg and then sinus that gave me stinkers of all headaches that lasted 2 weeks, Brian was unwell at the same time so I was feeling a bit down and sorry for myself but I am up and running now but sorry to say Brian is not hundred percent but we are working on that.

I have not been crafting much at all but did manage to create this, took longer than I thought as I had to keep
having a sleep as I was very tired with the cold meds.

I made it for my niece who got married and I am now working on a book to go with it.


 The box is painted with white crackle paint, ceramic corners, painted tiles, Tim Hotlz hearts inked with Victorian Velvet., papers are My Memories, pearls,dimanties and lace from the souk, flowers, silver corner, and butterfly from Wild Orchid, .vintage buttons from my stash.


                                Top Layer


                                  Middle Layer


                             

                                 Bottom Layer



                       My lovely niece.

 I also add some silver leafs mother of pearl and swarovski crystle from my jewel drawer and made a dangly to go in the middle near the picture.


Challenges

Wild Orchid - Coming up Roses

Cuttlebug Spot    Square



 Well that's all for tonight and I shall be popping in to see you,

I have had some spam robots on my blog this week 50 spam messages a day so now I have put comment moderator on and you have to have a google account to leave a message, that is the only way I have found that they cannot get through, I am still trying to find another way to stop them without changing my blog account, when I do I will let you all know.

Have a great weekend all.




Pin It

24 comments:

Ani said...

Wow! This is really stunning! I just love it!

Carol said...

Linda this is absolutely gorgeous, your niece is very lucky. Carol x

Cheryl First said...

Wow, Linda! Gorgeous! I am sure she will be in love with such a thoughtful, handmade gift!
Glad you are feeling better! Prayers for Brian to feel better soon, too!

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow this sure is a fantastic project Linda... Love every inch of it and I'm sure your niece is so lucky to have you and appreciated this awesome masterpiece that you created for her... The details are just so so pretty...
I hope both of you are feeling better especially your hubby...It must of being fun having so many new crafty goodies to play with now....Can't wait to see all your new creations when you are up to par..

Brianna Loeffelbein said...

Very beautiful altered box !! Love all your embellishments and attention to details !! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot this week !!

Jules said...

Hi Linda

I hope you are now feeling much better.

Wow .. .. this is amazing and must have taken hours and hours .. .. even without cold meds to contend with!!

So beautiful.

Sorry to read you are having spam problems.

Love Jules xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is fabulous! hugs Pops x

Catherine said...

Your altered box is totally awesome Linda ! I love all the details and embellies... Fantastic creation ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous, such a pretty keepsake. janex

Stef H (Glitterbabe) and FLD Creative Designer said...

omyword! how do you even THINK of something this gorgeous! oh my! absolutely gorgeous!

hope your time away was great and you and brian are in good health.

hugs :)

Crafting Queen said...

What a wonderful creation. Glad you are back in blogland. :)

Paper Profusion said...

Hi Linda, Welcome back to blogging! Yuor box is really stunning! Nicola x

bumblebee creations said...

WOW!! I absolutely love this creative box!! so gorgeous with the white crackle, and all the elegant embellishments! Great to see you back blogging!

Inger said...

Wowwwww this is just GORGEOUS!!!!
Love it!!

♥ Inger

Else Irene said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenge this week ♥

pinky said...

Wow Linda what a gorgeous keepsake you have made them. So much to catch the eye, its absolutely stunning. That cold was a bad old one, had everyone down for weeks! So sorry to hear Brian is struggling at the minute, will keep him in my prayers for a quick pick up.

Jannie said...

Your box is beautiful!!! Wow you are very talented!! And what a great gift to give!!!

Thank you for joining us at the Cuttlebug Spot!

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Rach83 said...

Wow! This is stunning and what a fantastic keepsake for your neice. The subtle colours are really pretty and that's a great photo for the centre. I hope you and your husband are both on the mend now.

Thanks for playing along at The Cuttlebug Spot this week. Hope to see you back again soon.

Rachel x

*Vicki* said...

WOW!!! This is such an amazing design Linda!! I love each and every detail you've put into this!! So happy you're back my friend! HUGS :)

Deneen said...

A great altered box, I love all the little details. Thanks for joining the Square Challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot.

P.S. There is a way to keep people from posting junk...under your blog 'Settings', go to 'Posts & Comments' and then in the section where it talks about who can comment - select Registered User!! Yay, no more Spam!!

Kerry said...

Wow, what a fantastic and elegant box. Thank you for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Linda wow what a stunning box, I love the whole design and the layers in the boxes, Im sure the person receiving was stunned to. hugs Shirleyxx

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Linda this is incredibly beautiful, wow, what a treasure for your niece to keep for many, many years to come, the design and all the wonderful elements all look amazing, excellent project.
hugs
lorraine x

June Nelson said...

This is absolutely beautiful sweetie, a true work of art, oooh how I would love this, your neice is so lucky, just perfect big huggies June xxxxxxx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online