Sunday, July 27, 2014

New Canvas

Afternoon All


 Today I have a canvas to show you, this is mixed media and decoupage.


I first used gesso and left the brush marks showing than torn scraps of paper and added randomly on the canvas adding layer of pale blue paint over the top. I decoupaged a flowered serviette on each side.

I did added a sun in the left corner but did not like it so I went over the top with layers of paint so it would still leave the out line but not the yellow. I added gorse to the canvas then another layer of paint but not very thick I still wanted the gorse to show through.




I used modeling paste through my butterfly stencil, drying each butterfly as I went along as not to smear.
Going back in with more blue, white and turquoise paint.

As I was going along adding more paint it dawned on me the outline of the paper looked like mountains so I went with it and enhanced these areas.

 I also used Pitt Pens and Pan Pastels is areas to make it pop and that's it!

I did not want to add anymore and lose the effect I had.

Wow I stood back and thought job well done Linda, I could never recreate this as it just evolved as I went along.

Hope you like it.

All for now and I shall see you all later.
 
Pin It

7 comments:

Catherine said...

WOW ! This is gorgeous Linda ! Love the soft colours... Truly beautiful... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Leanne said...

Hello Linda! Visited after a long time & I must admit I'm glad I did so today to admire your work of art. It's beautiful. Well done!!

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning canvas, love the colours and textures.

Jules said...

Hi Linda

Beautiful work as always.

I have just had a scroll back at all the previous posts I have missed whilst I have been busy tying wedding ribbons .. .. such great and varied projects. You are certainly multi-talented.

I hope you have had a good week.

Love Jules xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and lovely image used....just loving the colours too. You may like to enter my birthday candy too found on the top of my blog...♥aNNieThe Journey is the Start

Diane said...

Awesome texture and design Linda.

Hugs diane

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely gorgeous canvas my friend!! :) I wanted to be sure to pop in and say hello as I get settled back into my blog!! HUGS

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online